Wednesday 30 March 2016

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkings



Goodreads : Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him—and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.


I have to admit , I wasn't expecting much from this novel. It totally proved me wrong. This book absolutely blew my socks off and has made me think about judging a book by its hype a lot more.

The reason I didn't practically think I would like this book was because of Harper and the other characters. I thought Harper was going to be a whiny character who couldn't even fight and just got lucky. BUT , I now see that she is just as kick-ass as any fighter. In fact , I'm even going as far as to compare her to a certain Fire breathing Bitch Queen *cough* Celaena Sardothein / Aelin Galathynius *cough*.Harper actually really bugged me at first , especially with the whole lip-gloss thing , but soon I got into her character and found her super relatable. I'm known for having a lot on my plate and stressing myself out , unfortunately. I'm not going to touch on the other characters for fear I'm going to spoil the book any more than I have.

Okay , let's move on from the characters. The plot actually really interested me , instead of getting me mildly interested like I was for the Divergent series (Name dropping... Oops?). The plot was amazing and I don't think I've ever seen a book like it. I'm in love to be completely honest with you. I generally hope that I find my own Ryan or David as well... Maybe minus the Paladin thing. Too much drama!

Overall , I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I gave it a rating of 5 stars on Goodreads and I recommend this to anyone who likes YA Fiction.

Bye! ,
Bookish Delights x

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh. I've seen quite a few booktubers who raved about it, but I was on the fence. I also have assumed it doesn't contain a lot.

    ReplyDelete